Water Spinach Kang Kong
Availability: Out of stock
This item is currently unavailable online. Shop the available range here.
Widely cultivated and used in south-east Asia and ideal for warm areas as it prefers hot, humid conditions and even boggy soil. Use the succulent stems and leaves fresh, steamed, sautéed or in stir fries.
How To Grow
In seed trays or direct where they are to grow in a container, garden or a pond. Contain in tropics where it can get invasive.Sow seed 10mm (1/2in) deep, firm down gently and keep moist.Keep well watered at all times. If grown in pot keep the pot partly submerged in water for constant moisture.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Stir Fried Water Spinach
- 1 large bunch fresh water spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sherry (optional)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Combine stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sherry, and brown sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat wok to high heat and add oil, swirling to coat sides. Once hot, add garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and stir-fry for 1 minute then quickly add the sauce and stir-fry for a further 3 minutes or until spinach has darkened.
- Remove from heat, add a light squeeze of lime juice and drizzle sesame oil.