Radiccio Rossa di Treviso Precoce
Botanical Name: Cichorium intybus
Availability: Out of stock
Italian vegetable used to add zest, colour, texture and unique flavour to mixed salads. The deep red leaves are set off by crisp white. Grow for delicious baby leaves that regrow for 2-3 cuts, or harvest whole when fully grown.
How To Grow
Sow 5mm (¼in) deep, cover with fine soil, firm gently and keep moist.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Mushroom, Chicken and Raddiccio Risotto
- Olive oil
- 4 raddicio, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 500g chicken thigh fillet, diced
- 1 ½ cup Arborio rice
- 2 spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups hot chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a deep frypan, add onion and cook for 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in wine and stir constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add hot stock and water to the rice, turn heat to lowest setting and simmer, stirring occasionally until the broth is absorbed. If needed continue adding stock or water 1/2 cup at a time until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Whilst rice is cooking heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan and brown chicken, add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Add radiccio and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once risotto is tender add the chicken, mushroom, radiccio and parmesan into the pan and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.