Daikon Radish Mooli Minowase
Botanical Name: Raphanus sativus
Availability: Out of stock
This item is currently unavailable online. Shop the available range here.
The succulent long white roots have a crisp texture and mildly tangy flavour. In Japan, Daikon is often served as a crunchy accompaniment to rice. It’s a great addition to salads and sushi, or made into crudités to serve with dip. Also excellent when cooked.
How To Grow
Well prepared, well drained soil in sunny position. 5mm (1/4”) deep in rows 25cm (10”) apart.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Spring salad with radishes and cucumbers
- 2 small cucumbers
- 1 large Daikon radish
- 5 red radishes
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or peanut oil
- 2 tbs fresh chopped dill salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly slice cucumber and radishes.
- Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Drizzle over vegetables and toss.
- Top with your choice of dill, parsley or chives.