Spring Onion Japanese Bunching Tokyo
Availability: In stock
Easy to grow and an essential ingredient in many Asian dishes. The long white non-bulbing stems have a sweet mild flavour and can be eaten raw or cooked. Grow in the garden or containers.
How To Grow
In a prepared seedbed or direct into pots or containers.Sow thinly in rows 20cm (8in) apart or in blocks. Firm gently and keep moist. Cover lightly with 6mm (1/4in) of fine soil. Seedlings appear 14-21 days.No thinning needed. Keep moist and weed free. Harvest: 8-12 weeks from sowing. For continuous crops sow every 2-3 weeks.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Spinach and Spring Onion Dumplings
- 50g spinach leaves, chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp spring onion, chopped. Plus extra to garnish
- 250g pork mince
- 30 gow gee wrappers
- Grape seed oil
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 red chilli, seeded, finely sliced
- Pan fry the mushrooms in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and spring onion. Cook, tossing, for 3 minutes till wilted. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Make the dipping sauce by combining soy sauce, oyster sauce and chilli in a bowl.
- Once the spinach mixture has cooled add the mince, oyster sauce and egg stirring to combine. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon small amount of mince into each gow gee wrapper, brush edge lightly with water then fold and press edges together to seal.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large flat frying-pan over a medium heat. Add the dumplings flat-side down and turn the heat to high. Fry dumplings until the bottoms turn crisp and golden.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan and quickly cover with lid. Once water is evaporated, reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes
- Serve with dipping sauce and sprinkled with chopped spring onion.