Little Gardeners Giant Sunflower
Availability: Out of stock
Botanical Name: Helianthus annuus
These Sunflowers can grow as tall as a house with flowers the size of a beach ball! Take the challenge and grow the tallest sunflower in the neighbourhood.
We hope you enjoy these Little Gardeners seeds, just another great example of seeds from Mr Fothergill’s!
How To Grow
- Prepare your flower bed in a sunny garden spot by mixing in lots of organic material.
- Press half –a-fingernail deep holes10cm apart in the soil, put one seed in each hole and cover with soil.
- After about 10-14 days look out for the seedlings! Feed your plants with liquid fertilizer every week so they grow strong and healthy.
- Remove the weaker seedlings so the stronger ones have about 50cm on all sides to grow.
- Watch your prize sunflower grow! Sunflower roots can grow to 120cm below the soil surface so water them well! When the seeds on your flower head are dry, collect them for a tasty snack or to make a bird feeder.
When To Plant
Spring to Summer.
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.