Wasabi Rocket - NOT AVAILABLE TO WA
Availability: Out of stock
This item is currently unavailable online. Shop the available range here.
Rocket Wasabi gives the same nose-tingling sensation as the wasabi condiment used in Japanese dishes, due to its high mustard oil content. Treat the leaves and the tiny white flowers as a herb for adding flavour to dishes.
How To Grow
Sow thinly in rows 25cm (10in) apart. Cover lightly with fine soil. Firm gently and keep moist. For a continuous crop sow every 2-3 weeks.Keep well-watered and apply a slow release fertiliser. Pick off flower buds as they start form to prolong harvesting of leaves.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Easy Wasabi Rocket Salad
- 4 cups young Wasabi Rocket leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
1. In a large plastic bowl with a lid, combine Wasabi Rocket, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, oil, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and shake to mix.
3. Divide salad onto plates, and top with slices of avocado.