Sunflower - Bio Pot Kit
Availability: In stock
Dwarf Sunflower (Healianthus annus)
Multiple pollen free bright yellow flowers on extra compact, robust plants. Quick to flower and perfectly suited for pots and containers.
This kit includes everything you need to get growing, including a coloured biodegradable bamboo pot, seeds and soil pellets. Grow and reap what you sow with these vibrant all-in-one kits!
These compact and colourful pots fit perfectly on any windowsill within the home or office.
How To Grow
Growing Instructions (included with kit)
1) Remove all contents from the pot and add recommended amount of warm water to the soil pellets in a separate bowl. Allow the soil pellets to soak in the water and expand. Continue to add water until the pellets are completely expanded & the soil appears fluffy.
2) Once the soil has cooled down transfer most of it back into the pot, filling the pot to approximately 1.5cm from the brim. Leave a couple of spoonfuls of soil for later use.
3) Fluff the soil in the pot with a fork, then sprinkle your seeds evenly across the soil surface. Cover the seeds with a very fine layer (5mm) of your leftover soil.
4) Place the pot in a light position but avoid direct sunlight until the seeds have germinated.
5) Once seedlings appear, apply a half strength fertiliser every two weeks.
6) Thin out by removing smallest plants, leaving the strongest 2-3 plants more room to grow in the tin. The thinnings can be transplanted into the garden or other pots.
7) You can grow your plants in the supplied pot until maturity, or transplant them into the garden.
-The soil should not need watering again until seeds have germinated. However if water is required, use a water spray bottle to moisten the soil. You can tell if the soil is drying out if the colour turns from dark brown to light brown.
-The soil should be kept moist, but not too wet. If you are unsure about the correct moisture level, press the soil gently. If the soil feels moist but no water appears, the level is correct. If water appears on the surface, gently tip the pot to its side, and let any excess water run out.
-To assist with drainage you can place some small stones at the bottom of the tin prior to adding the soil.
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.