- 6 (about 800g) chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 250g snow peas (yakumo), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
1) Combine the chicken, sesame oil and Chinese five spice in a glass or ceramic bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
2) Heat half the peanut oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking.
3) Add one-quarter of the chicken mixture to the wok and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with remaining chicken mixture, reheating the wok between batches.
4) Heat the remaining peanut oil in the wok until just smoking. Add the snow peas and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the snow peas are bright green and tender crisp. Add the chicken mixture, oyster sauce and kecap manis and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens.
5) Serve as is or with rice.