Spring Onion Toga
Botanical Name: Allium fistulosum
Availability: Out of stock
A very decorative and unique looking spring onion with tender juicy stems of contrasting red/pink bulbs and deep green leaves. Superb mild flavour perfect for salads and stir fries.
How To Grow
Sow thinly in rows 25cm (10in) apart covering lightly with 5mm (1/4 in) of fine soil. Firm gently and keep moist. Seedlings appear 14-21 days.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Stir-fried Chicken & Vegetables
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 bunch of garlic chives or 3 spring onions
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red or yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup baby corns
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp corn flour
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until starting to brown, stirring constantly.
- Add carrots and capsicum and cook 1 minute.
- Add baby corn and chives and cook 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and cook 2 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Dissolve cornstarch in chicken broth in a small bowl and add to wok. Simmer 2 minutes, until sauce thickens.
Serve over rice.