Bee Friendly Flower Mix Shaker
Availability: Out of stock
This item is currently unavailable online. Shop the available range here.
There's a hive of activity around protecting bees and butterflies this season! Mr Fothergill’s Bee and Butterfly Seed Shaker boxes are just what you need to create a pollinator friendly flower garden!
The varieties in this mix have been selected to attract bees to your garden, and to provide them with the pollen and nectar they need to feed their offspring. By providing bees with flowers to feed on you help them whilst at the same time helping your garden flourish.
This Bee Friendly Flower Mix shaker contains 100g of Shake & Rake mix - enough to cover a 20m2 area. The seed mix contains specifically selected varieties of bee attracting flowers combined with vermiculite to aid germination.
Flower Varieties included in this mix:
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis)
- Cornflower (Centaurea cyanus)
- Californian Poppy (Eschscholzia californica)
- Fineflower (Gilia leptantha)
- Toadflax (Linaria maroccana)
- Alyssum (Lobularia maritima)
- Wallflower (Erysimum cheiri)
- Nemophila (Nemophila menziesii)
- Poppy (Papaver rhoeas)
- Marigold African (Tagetes erecta)
- Chinese Forget-Me-Not (Cynoglossum amabile)
- Borage (Borago officinalis)
- Evening Primrose (Oenothera pallida)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Native Violet (Viola hederacea)
- Swan River Daisy (Brachycome iberidifolia)
- Sage (Salvia officinalis)
How To Grow
1. Prepare the chosen area for your seeds by turning or raking the soil until you have a good crumbly consistency, removing any stones and weeds as you go.
2. Open the pouring spout on the side of the box and carefully shake out the seed mix thinly and evenly directly over the prepared area. You can sow
thickly or thinly, depending on what look you want to achieve.
3. Gently rake over the seed bed to lightly cover the seeds.
4. Water well until the plants are established.
- For a continuous show make several sowings at 2-3 week intervals.
- Some perennial varieties may not flower until the second year.
- Once the flowers start to appear, pollinating insects and bees will soon follow, and your garden will be a hive of activity!
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.