Available through Bunnings and leading garden retailers nationwide.
With the world’s bee, insect and butterfly population in serious decline, Mr Fothergill’s is focused on producing products that will help increase the bee population and keep them pollinating our crops far into the future.
As pollinators, bees, butterflies and insects play an essential role in our gardens. They transfer pollen from one flower to another, fertilising plants so they start forming fruits and seeds. 70 of the top 100 most popular food crops are pollinated by bees, and they pollinate 80% of all flowering plants on Earth!
Unfortunately, bees, butterflies and other beneficial insects are under increasing threat due to pesticides, parasites and climate change – but we can help them by using responsible gardening practices, planting flowers to attract them and providing them with shelter.
Our Butterfly House contains a wooden butterfly house and a sachet of pollinator friendly flower seeds to help attract butterflies and beneficial insects to your garden. The seed mix is made up of the following varieties and covers approximately 2m2:
- Larkspur (Delphinium elatum)
- Aster (Callistephus chinensis)
- Candytuft (Iberis umbellata)
- Catmint (Nepeta racemosa)
- Lavender English (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Forget Me Not (Myosotis sylvatica)
- Lobelia (Lobelia erinus)
- Coneflower (Rudbeckia hirta)
- Pincushion Flower (Scabiosa atropurpurea)
- Butterfly weed (Asclepias tuberosa)
- Bergamot (Monarda didyma)
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)
- Mexican Giant Hyssop (Agastache mexicana)
- Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata)
- Native Violet (Viola hederacea).
This butterfly house is coated in a non toxic lacquer/oil for protection making it weatherproof and safe for butterflies, bees and insects. It is also made of FSC timber, meaning it is responsibly sourced and eco-friendly.
Dimensions: 160mm(w) x 285mm(h) x 100mm(d)