Available through Bunnings and leading garden retailers nationwide.
With butterfly and beneficial insect populations in serious decline, Mr Fothergill’s is focused on producing products that will help increase these populations to help keep them pollinating our crops far into the future.
Butterflies and beneficial insects play an essential role as pollinators in our gardens. They transfer pollen from one flower to another, fertilising plants so they start forming fruits and seeds. Butterflies are sensitive to habitat and often indicate a healthy garden environment.
Unfortunately, many beneficial insects are under increasing threat due to pesticides, parasites, and climate change – but we can help them by using responsible gardening practices, planting flowers to attract them and providing them with shelter.
Our Butterfly & Insect Sanctuary Kit contains a wooden sanctuary and a sachet of pollinator friendly flower seeds to help attract butterflies and beneficial insects into your garden. The seed mix is made up of the following varieties and covers approximately 2m2:
- Larkspur (Delphinium elatum)
- Aster (Callistephus chinensis)
- Candytuft (Iberis umbellata)
- Catmint (Nepeta racemosa)
- Lavender English (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Forget Me Not (Myosotis sylvatica)
- Lobelia (Lobelia erinus)
- Coneflower (Rudbeckia hirta)
- Pincushion Flower (Scabiosa atropurpurea)
- Butterfly weed (Asclepias tuberosa)
- Bergamot (Monarda didyma)
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)
- Mexican Giant Hyssop (Agastache mexicana)
- Coreopsis (Coreopsis lanceolata)
- Native Violet (Viola hederacea).
The kit is coated in a non toxic lacquer/oil for protection making it weatherproof and safe for butterflies and other beneficial insects. The sanctuary is made of FSC timber, meaning it is responsibly sourced and eco-friendly.
Dimensions: 160mm(w) x 285mm(h) x 100mm(d)