Broccoli Purple Sprouting
Botanical Name: Brassica oleracea Italica
Availability: In stock
Broccoli is believed to originate from the Mediterranean. This high quality early cropping variety develops delicious spears with fine flavour and texture. At its best when steamed or lightly blanched, and works wonderfully with pasta.
How To Grow
Sow thinly, 5mm (¼in) deep in seed trays or into the garden bed, firm down and keep moist. Seedlings emerge 7-12 days. Space 60cm (2ft) apart. Keep well watered.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Broccoli, Radish and Feta Salad with Quinoa
- 200g quinoa
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 broccoli head, chopped into florets
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 200g Persian feta
- Olive oil For the dressing:
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Juice of 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Handful of watercress
- Blanch the broccoli heads in boiling water until just tender. Set aside.
- Simmer the quinoa in vegetable stock for about 12 minutes until it fluffs up, then drain.
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice and garlic by shaking in a jar or mixing in a bowl.
- Add the broccoli, sliced radishes and crumbled feta on a bed of quinoa. To finish, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with watercress.