Carrot Paris Market
Botanical Name: Daucus carota
Availability: Out of stock
An old French variety that does well in shallow, clay rich or rocky soil where other carrots would struggle. Can also be grown in containers. Highly sought after by gourmet restaurants for the attractive shape and full flavour.
How To Grow
Sow 5mm (1/4in) deep in blocks or rows 20cm (8in) apart. Cover lightly, with fine soil and gently firm down. Seedlings appear in 10-14 days. Thin out plants to 5cm (2in) apart. Keep moist and weed free. Harvest: 10-12 weeks from sowing.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
- 4 tbs plain flour
- 4 tps ground cumin
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 carrots
- Olive oil
- Greek-style natural yoghurt, fresh rocket and lime wedges, to serve
- In a large bowl combine flour, cumin, garlic, parsley and green onions. Add eggs and mix well.
- Peel and grate the carrots, squeezing out any excess moisture before adding it into the egg mixture. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter per fritter into the frying pan, cooking the fritters in batches.
Serve warm with yoghurt, fresh rocket and lime wedges.