Pak Choi Hei Xia F1
Availability: Out of stock
This item is currently unavailable online. Shop the available range here.
Pak Choi has been cultivated in China for thousands of years, and it is used extensively in Cantonese cooking. Easy to grow with broad succulent stems and tender dark green leaves. Cold tolerant and slow to bolt – harvest them as baby leaf or leave to mature.
How To Grow
In a well-prepared garden bed. Prefers well drained soil and a sunny position. Sow thinly in rows 40cm (16in) apart and cover very lightly with fine soil. Firm gently and keep moist. Seedlings emerge 6-10 days.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Stir Fry Sesame Pak Choi
- 9 pak choi
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cut off base of pak choi and separate the leaves then rinse and drain.
- Heat the grape seed oil in a large pot over a high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp sesame oil, garlic, chilli, fish sauce, soy sauce and pak choi. Toss until coated then quickly place a lid on.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook, tossing occasionally until the leaves have started to wilt. About 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.