Onion Paille des Vertus
Availability: Out of stock
A household favourite for centuries due to its exceptional storage ability, it has long been France’s traditional Winter onion. The flattened roots measure 3-4 inches across; the skin is a brownish yellow and the flesh is flavourful.
How To Grow
5mm (¼in) deep, cover with fine soil and keep moist. Seedlings emerge 10-14 days. Thin seedlings to 10cm (4in) apart.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
- 450g bunch silverbeet, leaves and stem chopped separately
- 3 zucchinis, grated and squeezed
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cob corn, kernels cut away
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cook carrots and silverbeet stems in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Add leaves and cook for a further 5 minutes. Drain.
- Pan fry onion in oil, stirring occasionally until soft. Add silverbeet, zucchinis and corn, and stir for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add chickpeas, parmesan, semi-dried tomatoes and three-quarters of the dill to vegetables, season with salt and pepper stirring to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs together, then add egg mixture to the pan. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for 20 minutes or until set.