Cucumber Beit Alpha F1
Botanical Name: Beta vulgaris
Availability: Out of stock
Prolific crops of high quality, fantastically sweet baby cucumbers with thin skin and absolutely no bitterness. Excellent for a fresh Greek salad! For the best quality and flavour pick when 10-15cm (4-6”) long.
How To Grow
Sow 12mm (½in) deep in rows 100cm (36”) apart direct where they are to grow in full sun. Firm gently and keep moist. Sow 3-4 seeds in a clump and thin to 2 strongest seedlings. Keep well watered and fertilise regularly. Harvest When fruits are 10-12cm long.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed
- 6 firm ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 Beit alpha cucumbers, sliced
- 3 Onion Rossa Lunga di Firenze, sliced into rings
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 200g marinated Greek olives
- 220g Greek feta, cubed
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Arrange lettuce in serving bowl then add tomato, cucumber, onion, capsicum, olives and feta, sprinkling with oregano and salt.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar and a dash of lemon juice in a jug. Drizzle over the salad and give a light toss if desired.