Chervil 'Gourmet Parsley'
Botanical Name: Anthriscus cerefolium
Availability: In stock
Chervil is an annual herb related to parsley but with a more delicate, slightly liquorice-aniseed flavour. It is particularly popular in France where it is added to omelettes, salads, soups and is a constituent of the French herb mixture fines herbs.
How To Grow
Direct where they are to grow in the garden or in pots. Prefers rich, moisture-retentive soil in shade or dappled sun. Sow seeds 6mm (1/4in) deep. Cover lightly with fine soil. Firm gently and keep moist. Seedlings appear in 14-21 days. Thin out to 15cm (6in) apart. Water well. Harvest: All year round. Pick leaves as required.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
- 5-6 eggs
- 1 cups of cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh chervil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1-2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas
- 120 gr crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together, stir in the herbs and season with salt.
- Grease a round pan. Gently lay the pastry over the pan, mould the pastry into the sides and trim by rolling across the top with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle the peas and feta evenly into the pastry shell then gently pour the egg mixture on top. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes or until the quiche is set.