Capsicum Sweet Romano
Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum
Availability: Out of stock
This item is currently unavailable online. Shop the available range here.
Long and pointed with thin skins, very sweet flesh and the benefit of very few seeds. Delicious roasted until skin blackens when it can easily be removed, then dressed with garlic and olive oil.
How To Grow
Sow 5mm (¼in) deep in well drained soil or pots. Keep moist and weed free. Keep well watered and fertilise regularly. Pick regularly to encourage further fruit growth. Harvest: 10-16 weeks from sowing.
When To Plant
Our Seed Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with these seeds Mr. Fothergill's will gladly replace them for free. Performance subject to growing conditions.
Quinoa stuffed Capsicums
- 4 large capsicums, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, trimmed, grated
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, diced
- 75g Greek feta, diced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, seeded
- 1/4 cup semi dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced and line a large baking tray with non stick baking paper.
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan with 2 cups water, bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until water is absorbed and grains are tender. Remove and allow to cool.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add oil. Cook the onion and zucchini, stirring, until softened. Stir in garlic and cumin, cook for 1 minute more. Remove and allow to cool.
- Place onion mixture, grains, sultanas, pine nuts, parsley, tomato, olives and feta in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Stuff the capsicums with the mixture and place on the prepared tray, cover with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil, bake for a further 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and top is golden